The following terms and conditions of registration are agreed to:
1. The Student’s failure to attend lectures for whatsoever reason shall in no way entitle him/her to a reduction in fees and other charges, please note that the college reserves right to admit the students in the final exams after have met the necessary requirements.
2. The College reserves the right to create and apply rules and the student hereby agrees to be bound by such rules and holds himself/herself bound by all provisions thereof and by the rules and regulations of this centre for the time being in force.
3. The students must acknowledge that under provision set for registration a student cancelling his/her studies at this centre holds him/her-self bound by the College process and cancelling of studies.
4. The applicant will be liable for any lessons missed and the college reserves the right to restrict entry to assessment where the applicant has not met the minimum contract requirements.
5. The college reserves the right to make use of any photos, images taken of the applicant for promotional purposes and that where such may arise, the applicant will claim no costs from the college.
6. In case of any circumstances beyond the college’s control i.e. acts of nature, earth quakes or enemies of the state, the College reserves the right to cease lectures and close down temporarily while every effort will be made to resume the lectures as soon as possible. No warranties are made in this regard and no liabilities or claims shall be made against the college.
7. Student(s) involving themselves in irregular act(s) such as unruly, threatening, aggressive or intimidating behavior or disobedience of instruction by facilitator or administrator/official authority shall place their studies in jeopardy and disciplinary measures shall be applied leading to a suspension or a possible expulsion from ROSTEC College without any cash refund.
8. It is the responsibility of a learner to ensure that all registration entries are accurately completed signed and returned to the college in time for submission to the examining bodies on or before the stipulated deadline set by Rostec college. In addition students are encouraged to check their national examinations preliminary schedules to confirm accuracy of information supplied as per entries. NOTE: The college will not be responsible for any negligence or inconvenience suffered by the student as a result of inaccurate information supplied.
9. The registration form is a property of Rostec College. If found in possession of an illegally obtained registration form bearing a signature of a Rostec College Representative(s), then you will be liable for prosecution in the court of law.
10. All college registrations are considered to be on a full year registration status except if stated otherwise on the day of registration. Other than that, change of registration status(for example from annual to semester or semester to trimester or full time to part time or exam only) shall be approved by the Centre Manager or principal upon receiving a written request within 30 days of current trimester or semester. Then a response shall be issued within 30 days of receiving the letter.
11. The College will not be held liable for any inconvenience caused to a student as a result of late payments or failing to comply with full payment of Course fees at the End of a semester/Academic year. The College requires them to be fully paid before seating for Final Exams. NB Students who attend for the whole year & paying their course fees monthly doesn’t mean skipping payment of Course fees, so they will be liable to payment of Total Course fees as stated in the quotation.
12. While every effort will made to ensure a safe environment at the College. The College will not accept liabilities for any bodily harm caused to the student in and around the school premises however First Aid will be provided by the College.
13. International applicants must show proof of sufficient funds for the course being registered for in the academic period by depositing 50% of the Annual fees.
14. Students, parents or guardians must ensure that changes of address or any other important information given must be updated in time to facilitate two way communication between the parents and the college.
1. The fees for registration, admission and student card are NOT REFUNDABLE and must be paid upfront. An application for refund of tuition fees only will be considered if a letter indicating the intent to cancel signed by the parent/guardian reaches the accounts department within 5 days after registration if delivered by hand or by post.
2. The student’s failure to attend lectures for whatever reason shall in no way entitle him/her to a reduction in fees and other charges. Please note that the college reserves the right to refuse admission to the final examinations/assessments if all the outstanding fees have not been paid.
3. Examination fees for examinations conducted by the Department of Higher Education and Training or a Provincial Department of Education are included in the tuition fees unless stated to the contrary. Assessment fees for any external assessment conducted under the auspices of a SETA or other external body are not included and will be communicated to the student in due course.
4. The College shall make NO refund for whatsoever reason to any student who fails to comply with the previous conditions. In line with the previous statement, no claim shall be accepted for tuition fees initially paid for a full year and a student drops out/goes to another college/relocates after the first term, semester or trimester. At this stage only changing of the course(subject) will be accepted not later than 5 days after registration and it should be made clear to the learner to the learner that there shall be no tuition discount for public holidays or prolonged government strikes or Exams results waiting period/any government holiday.
5. While the college undertakes to hold the fees as quoted for the period the student is registered, additional excursion or workshop fees may be imposed to recover such costs as and when they arise.
6. The college will not be held liable for any inconvenience caused to a student due to the late payment of fees or the student failing to pay the full tuition fees as a prerequisite in meeting the demand of the College or examining body. NOTE: Students who attend lectures for the whole year and pay the tuition fee in monthly installments must make sure that the full tuition fees for the year are paid before sitting for the final assessment; the conditions for late payment of fees also apply in this case.
7. The College will not under any circumstances whatsoever make a cash refund to any student who fails to comply with the previous clause. Any refund will be made by direct bank transfer to the registered account provided on registration.
8. The college will not under any circumstances be liable for any inconvenience caused by a student’s own failure to meet the minimum requirements for registration in time, or a candidate being absent from the college resulting in him or her not registering for examination, or information supplied by the student being incorrect. The college is also not liable to arrange transport to and from the examination centres unless such has been made or communicated in writing.
9. Requests for installment payment will only be considered upon receipt of an official proof of residential address that is not older than three months.
10. In case of any circumstances beyond the control of the college, such as acts of nature, earthquakes or action by enemies of the state, the college reserves the right to cease lectures and close temporarily. Every effort will be made to resume the lectures as soon as possible, however no warrantees are made in respect and the college will not be liable for any claims made in this regard.
11. All monthly installments shall be made at the beginning of each calendar month and not later than the 3rd of the current month.
12. Tuition fees in arrears will be handed over to debt collectors with additional collection fees off 15%. Unless special arrangements are made with the accounts department for Debit Order System.
13. Fraud cases including altering information on DEPOSIT slips, exchanging fees card are criminal cases and will be reported to the police and may lead to suspension/discontinuation of a learner from the school.
Rules and Regulations
1. The college reserves the right to create and apply rules for the good conduct and the student hereby agrees to be bound by such rules and also holds him/herself bound by all the provisions thereof and also the rules and regulations that are in force at the Centre at the time of registration.
2. The student’s failure to: attend classes, complete internal continuous assessments (ICASS) on or before the due date as requested by the lecturer(s) shall result in the student not being allowed to write the final assessment.
3. If a student wishes to cancel his/her studies at the college his/her parent/legal guardian must inform the college in writing of the intention to cancel the studies. Please note that the contract for tuition entered into between the student and the college remains in force and is legally binding until the college has received al the outstanding tuition fees and have indicated in writing that the agreement has been cancelled.
4. The student will be liable for any lesson missed and the college reserves the right to restrict entry to any assessment where the student has not met the minimum contractual requirements.
5. The college reserves the right to use any photographs or images taken of the applicant for promotional purposes and should such material be used for promotional purposes the applicant will not receive any compensation whatsoever.
6. A student may change his/her course (subjects) but only within 14(fourteen) days after registration.
7. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian of a student to ensure that all external correspondence sent by the student to any external examination body reaches that body. The college will not accept any responsibility for errors or omissions that may arise from the negligence of the student and/or parent/guardian.
8. While every effort will be made to ensure a safe and secure environment the college will not accept any responsibility for bodily harm caused to the student in and around the college. Where required basic first aid will be rendered; however the college will not under any circumstance provide any medicine or medical treatment.
9. Foreign students must provide sufficient proof that they have sufficient funds to complete the programme in the academic period they have registered for.
10. The college will not be responsible for the registration of any student who registers late and will also not accept any responsibility for any late for an external examination.
11. Students, parents and guardians must ensure that any change of address or contact details are communicated to the college without fail.
12. The college will not accept any responsibility for any error caused by the student’s failure to complete, return and sign and check any prelims for external examinations. The request to check the prelims will be posted on the official notice boards. The college will also not incur any liability for any wrong, incomplete or false declarations made by a student on any application form.
13. A student who completes this form declares and warrants that he or she has read the above conditions and understands the college’s legal status as being registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training, appropriate Provincial Departments of Education as well as being accredited with Umalusi and the appropriate SETA’s.