Due to increased number and seriousness of cyber-attacks target financial institutions across Africa, and the resulting awareness of the need for improved Cybersecurity measure, Rostec School of Leadership & Governance will run an Executive Cybersecurity Course targeting Senior Executive and Board Members of Financial Institution, in Pretoria, South Africa, on:
- Sept 09 - 13, 2019, and
- Sept 23 - 27, 2019.
SLG03 – Cyber-Security for Board Members and Senior Executives
This course is designed to raise awareness of Cyber-security threats which are in all organizations that rely on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for their operations. We live in a world that is increasing connected to information highways that transfer data and accompanying threats at the speed of light. Organizations need to raise their awareness of these threats, be vigilant and take appropriate steps to mitigate the negative impacts of these threats.
This course has been tailored for Board Members and Senior Executives.
On successful completion of the course, a participant will be able to:
- Understand cyber-security threats
- Be in a position to determine that appropriate measures to protect the organization from cyber- threats are in place; and
- Know what kind of expertise the organization needs to protect itself from cyber threats, and who will take appropriate corrective measures in the event of cyber-security incidents;
- Threats, Vulnerabilities and Consequences
- Computer Security and Information Security
- Security Policies and Strategies
- Security Governance
- Types of security risks
- Risk Mitigation and Avoidance
- Physical and Environmental Threats
- Contingency Planning
- Responding to Events (patch management, incident management, forensics)
COURSE DURATION: 1 week