TACTICAL ROAD TRAFFIC OPERATIONS L5
This qualification will equip the learner with tools and techniques to understand the concept of Tactical Road Traffic Operations within the context of the road traffic safety management environment. It will assist learners to implement performance improvements at a team, project or small organization level.
In addition to that, it will also enable learners to understand how different functional perspectives work together to approach the real and complex problems of Tactical Road Traffic Operations and will give learners an opportunity to apply a range of management concepts to resolve management problems in their own organisation.
BENEFITS OF ACHIEVING THIS QUALIFICATION
- Analyse the application of the general management functions in a selected traffic organisation.
- Induct new members into a team and coach existing members.
- Monitor and evaluate team members against performance and deal with sub-standard performance in a team.
- Build teams to achieve goals and objectives.
- Conduct a range of audits.
- Apply the principles of situational leadership in the traffic environment and analyse leadership related theories in the work context.
- Manage a diverse workforce and apply the principles of ethics to improve organizational culture.
- Develop, implement and evaluate operational plans.
- Use communication techniques effectively.
- Demonstrate knowledge of health and safety requirements within the ambit of a traffic law enforcement officer.
- Create maintain and keep records.
- Matric or N3 or Equivalent
- Any Appropriate degrees or Diploma.
What natural skills and/or aptitudes do I need for this occupation?
- Enjoys working with different kinds of people
- Have a desire to serve others and help them to live fuller lives
- Be reliable and resourceful
- Be even-tempered, tolerant and mature
- Inspires confidence in others
- Have a good understanding of human nature
- Have above average intelligence and verbal abilities
- Have good health and physical stamina
- Government departments and provincial and local administrators
- National Policing department
- Provincial and Metropolitan Policing
- Medium or small companies security units