The Management Assistant Diploma provides opportunities to access typist, office administration, secretarial, receptionist and personal assistant careers. The person that will make a success of a career in administration or as management assistant is a person that is organised and methodical.
This course consists of an N4 Certificate, N5 Certificate and N6 Certificate. After completing the N6 Certificate students need to submit proof of 18 months experience in industry/practical in order to qualify for the National N-Diploma.
- What will I be qualified as once I’ve completed this course?
- Administrative Assistant
- Data Capturer
- Management Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Personal Assistant
What will I be able to do?
- Data capturing
- Manage office administrative duties
- Secretarial work
- In which industries will I be able to work?
- All industries need a person to assist with the admin, type the letters, run their office, etc. This is a person that is sought after in all industries – small and large.
- What could I do to further improve my skills and my chances of furthering my career?
- Achieving the necessary entry requirements at academic level during this course will enable you to continue studying in a business-related field of study. This can be done by completing your National N-Diploma at a Rostec Technical FET College, based on your academic achievements meeting their specific admission requirements.
What will I be studying during this course?
MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT N4 (6 MONTHS)
MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT N5 (6 MONTHS)
MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT N6 (1ST – 6 MONTHS)
Office Practice N4
Introductory Information Processing N4
Computer Practice N4
Office Practice N5
Information Processing N4
Computer Practice N5
Office Practice N6
Information Processing N5
Public Relations N5
Information Processing N6 (In order to work towards a National N-Diploma, you must complete Information Processing N6)
- What do I need to have completed before I can apply to study this course?
- Grade 12 or an equivalent qualification
- Students with competency in Computer, Typing, Information Processing or Computer Application Technology (CAT) will receive preference.